Monday, July 22, 2024

Kamala Harris

 

As an American living in Israel, Kamala Harris's statement from her interview with Joan Walsh, published in The Nation on July 8th, has me concerned.

They are showing exactly what the human emotion should be, as a response to Gaza. There are things some of the protesters are saying that I absolutely reject, so I don’t mean to wholesale endorse their points. But we have to navigate it. I understand the emotion behind it.”

Exactly what does she endorse? Denying October 7th happened? Calls for an Intifada to wipe Israel off the map? Tearing down the posters of kidnapped children? Supporting Hamas?

My prayer is a candidate with more understanding of what is happening In Israel will be chosen at the Democratic convention.  No matter what, though, I know that I should not be looking at the USA or UN or EU for help. Rather, I should be focusing my prayers and hopes on The Almighty.

No comments: