Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Hope

 

I didn’t have a clue that another hostage was rescued today until I received a message from a friend this afternoon. Immediately I turned to the news and discovered that Quad Farhan al Qadi, an Israeli Bedouin and a father to eleven, was finally free. My first reaction, I have to admit, was why couldn’t it have been Avinatan Ohr. In fact, I turned to my daughter who was here visiting asking her how she felt about the released hostage being someone besides a friend she’d grown up with. “I’m not G-d” was her response. In other words, we have no idea how He runs the world and decides who should be released and when. With that said, I had a new emotion, one of hope. Quad Farhan al Qadi is still alive; surely other hostages are as well. Looking again at the news I viewed this clip of Quad Farhan al Qadi’s family speeding through the hospital’s grounds anxious, after 325 days, to see their loved one once again. So touching and then my emotion was one of gratitude. Please, HaShem, bring them all home!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1828409888399061468

No comments: