Monday, April 15, 2024

Countless Miracles


 

So many emotions here since Friday afternoon. I entered Shabbat trying to put my concerns for Binyamin Achimeir on the side. Shortly before candle lighting, I’d learned the fourteen-year-old shepherd had been missing since midmorning when his flock returned to the nearby farm without him. Search parties had been looking for him all day. Throughout Shabbat we heard the planes hunting while we said special prayers for him. He was finally found Shabbat afternoon, brutally murdered.

That tragic news became back page when we awoke Sunday morning to learn that Israel had been under attack from Iran all night long. Somehow my husband and I had slept through the sirens, the booms, and the sounds of the Arabs celebrating in the nearby village.
In my opinion, their celebration was nothing short of stupidity. They were in as much danger as we were. In fact, even though most of the over 300 projectiles fired at us were repelled, several did land. One was in the Arab town of Um Fakam and the other in a Bedouin village in the Negev. A young Arab girl was seriously injured.
It was unnerving to know I’d slept through all the attacks, and I felt quite distressed Sunday morning, worrying what the next minute would bring. As the day wore on, I began to appreciate the miracles Hashem had made for us. I ended my day attending a gathering on Zoom along with over 600 others to thank and praise the Almighty for all the good He had shown us.
True, our hostages are still missing, the war hasn’t ended, the Hezbollah threats have not disappeared, numerous of our soldiers are wounded, the evacuees are not home, Binyamin Achimeir and so many others are dead from terror. I can concentrate on all this OR I can give thanks for the tremendous miracles HaShem made for us Saturday night and Sunday morning. I choose the latter.
Now, on to Pesach preparations and more thanks for the countless miracles wrought over the centuries.

No comments: