Tuesday, March 26, 2024

 

Yesterday I awoke to the headline that Israel was poised to release 700 terrorists in return for 40 of the over 100 Israeli civilians held hostage in Gaza. I long for all the hostages, especially my children’s friends, to return home. My car and my purse bear yellow ribbons. Morning, afternoon, and evening I pray for their release. Still, that headline troubled me. Was it too high of price to pay? What terror would the released criminals perpetuate against Israel, and the rest of the world? How many more terrorist would be encouraged to take more captives?

This morning, I learned that there was nothing to be troubled about. Hamas had rejected the plan, deeming Israel was not making enough concessions. Not enough? Why should Israel be offering anything? Human decency demands the freeing of civilian hostages. If the UN wants a ceasefire, they should make sure the hostages are released immediately without any deals or brokering.

Please, take the time to call or write the White House, your senator, and representatives telling them it is unfathomable that The United States did not veto that resolution yesterday. Do it as if your life depended on it. It might.

No comments: