Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Been There, Done That



I’ve sent my sons off to war

I’ve visited injured soldiers in the hospital

I’ve received caring emails from overseas

I’ve sent care packages to those in the beleaguered areas

I’ve welcomed strangers fleeing the rockets into my home

I’ve made meals for families whose fathers are serving on the front lines protecting me

I've even spent time in my safe room 

I’ve prayed for peace each and every day, several times a day

I don’t want war

Daily missiles are not peace

Incendiary kites are not peace

Children sleeping in bomb shelters is not peace 

Longing for our captives to come home is not peace

HaShem, Hashem I beg you to listen to my plea

Make our leaders realize our salvation can only come from you

Not the UN

Not the EU

Not the USA

Make us look at You and do what’s right for us and end the war once and for all

Please


This clip of the Gaza border is not from the news, rather from my son's phone when he was doing reserve duty on October 25th, 2018.

No comments: